Is it for me?
Wider World Second Edition is a new edition of Pearson’s most popular mid-secondary course. It prepares teenagers for their life ahead by giving them the skills they need to enjoy their social lives, pursue their studies and succeed in their career.
The improvements in this new edition are in response to research and feedback we received from teachers and students.
- Authentic English – humorous situations, interviews with real people, and clips taken from BBC programs, show language used in real-life situations.
- Global topics – each unit explores the wide diversity of life and culture, exposing students to topics from around the world, including global citizenship or sustainability goals.
- Future skills – Set for Life is a new development program mapped to Pearson’s Personal and Social Capabilities Framework, which helps learners develop the skills they need.
- Extra support for mixed ability classes and neurodivergent students – extensive resources and tips that reduce preparation and give them greater flexibility in how to teach students with different learning needs.
- Exam support – much more exam support for both teachers and students.
- Diversity and inclusion principles – follows our comittment to equality, diversity and inclusion. It recognises cultural diversity, and supports tolerance and respect.