The information you need to succeed in teaching ELT
The information you need to understand the pedagodgy and skills used in ELT:
- teach English as a Foreign Language to students of all ages
- learn about the lives of different EFL teachers around the world
- prepare for the Teacher Knowledge Test (TKT) or other ELT tests
Along with the book comes a DVD containing 21 Teacher's Voices interviews with teachers from around the world sharing their top tips, classroom ideas and thoughts on working in ELT.
This is your window into the classrooms of Tom, Emily and Connor, qualified English Language Teachers working with different groups of students of mixed abilities.
Units on essential theory, practical teaching advice and classroom ideas are presented across two pages, in full colour. Written in accessible English, Essential Teacher Knowledge is ideal preparation for TKT and other entry-level teacher qualifications or as a handbook for any ELT teacher.
Two hours of video footage includes:
- Demonstrations of key teaching techniques, such as giving instructions and correction, so new teachers can see the theory put into practice.
- Global “Teachers’ Voices” – teachers from around the world sharing opinions and ideas about key issues for the global English teaching community
....and on the Web
- PIN-coded access to extra online material.
- Audio to accompany the Pronunciation units (23 – 29).
- Downloadable Activities (Revise, Research, Reflect) to accompany every Unit.
- More Teachers’ Voices videos.
- Other resources for teachers, including an up-to-date bibliography.
Essential theory, practical teaching advice and classroom ideas presented in full colour, across two-pages, on DVD footage and through pin code access on the web.
Written in accessible English, Essential Teacher Knowledge is ideal preparation for TKT, any other entry-level teacher qualifications, or as a handbook for any EFL teacher.
Over 2 hours of DVD footage includes.
- Demonstrations of key teaching techniques, such as giving instructions and drilling, letting new teachers see theory put into practice.
- ‘Voices' teachers from around the world sharing opinions and ideas about key issues for the global ELT community.
Essential Teacher Knowledge has been awarded with Ben Warren International House Trust Prize, which is granted to the authors of the most outstanding work in the field of language teacher education.