Accelerate English language proficiency and academic success!
New Keystone, designed for students aged 10 to 14, is the third edition of the highly successful reading and language development program. It offers scaffolded, sustained instruction combined with an explicit focus on language development. This proven approach accelerates language acquisition, literacy, and transferable academic skills simultaneously.
Academic rigor is assured through alignment to the Common Core State Standards. The series also develops transferable academic skills.
What's new in New Keystone?
- Selected new readings provide topics with international appeal.
- New and engaging videos explore the unit themes.
- Simplified grammar presentations and additional practice support language development.
- Extra Online Practice Activities (in Digital Resources) give students additional practice, with a focus on grammar and vocabulary.
- Drives student progress: a flexible reading and language development program that accelerates student achievement through scaffolded, sustained instruction and language development strategies.
- Thematic units: each level has 6 thematic units organized around a Big Question.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English (GSE): provides focused learning objectives that facilitate greater precision in performance assessment.
- Aligned to the Common Core State Standards: offers the rigor of a first language course, while care has been taken to scaffold learning so it is an appropriate pace for second-language learners.
- Reading is at the heart of every unit: each reading focuses on comprehension, reading strategies, and building fluency.
- Authentic readings: lessons center on a wide range of genres, including biographies, informational texts, and poems, as well as classic and contemporary literature.
- Reader+: a digital copy of the book with audio and video embedded. It is possible to highlight text, make notes, bookmark pages, and zoom.
- EXAMVIEW™: allows teachers to create and customize a test, edit and delete questions from a question bank, and print tests.